Today iam going to share a good technique to hide files without using any tools at all (no tools). All you need to have is windows (any version).
To protect your files from prying eyes you may have been forced to use third party tools to hide and secure your personal files and folders, but now you can do so by 2-3 simple clicks.
The procedure is very simple. All you need to do is:
- Create a folder and place all those “important” files into it.
- Right click the folder and select “Rename“. Alternatively, press F2
- Now press and hold ALT key and press 2, 5, 5 from your number pad (Do not use number written under F1, F2 .. keys)
- You can also use the keys ALT + 0, 1, 6, 0
- You’ll notice that the folder has no name now.
- Again right click the folder and select Properties
- Goto Customize tab
- Click Change Icon button.
- Select an invisible icon from the list of icons. (It the empty space between the icons)
Now, you have a folder that has no name and no image. It means it is invisible to you or any one else who us using your computer. The only difference is, you know where to look for it.
To un-hide the folder Refresh your screen(Press F5) you’ll notice your Icon flashing. You can simply right click it and select Open.
For those of you who have a laptop and there is no NumPad on it: you can use the following technique
Find the numpad on your keyboard. It is mostly under keys: M, J, K etc. and use is in conjunction with ALT key meanwhile Press and Hold fn key on your keyboard
Please do let us know how did you find this trick?