Ufone has launched SMS Backup Service
Ufonehas launched a useful service that will let its customers to save/store/backup their text messages for indefinite time on a secure server remotely.
This service is available to all Ufone Prepaid and Postpaid subscribers
How Ufone SMS Backup Works?
Ufone SMS Backup is a simple and effective way to save your messages. Simply create an SMS Backup account by sending SUB 3838 or forwarding the SMS you want to save to 3838 for Rs. 0.01+Tax/SMS.
After subscribing you will get a password through which you can login to your SMS Backup account on http://smsbackup.ufone.com.
All your backed up SMS can be viewed on your web account.
Use following SMS keywords to use Ufone SMS Backup Service:
- SUB: To register with SMSBackup service
- SET: To auto detect your handset and download Sync setting
- HELP: To get help SMS about the service
- PASS: To retrieve your SMSBackup account password
- UNSUB: To unsubscribe your SMSBackup service
Backup & Restore
Use following SMS keywords to backup or to restore SMS messages:
- Backup SMS: Just forward the SMS to 3838 (Any message send to 3838 will be treated as SMS backup)
- Download saved SMS: Type GETSMS (space) First word or First character of the SMS send to 3838 (Example: GETSMS Hello – It will retrieve all SMS starting with “Hello”
- Delete saved SMS: Type DELSMS (space) First word or First character of the SMS send to 3838 (Example: DELSMS Hello)
You can also retrieve your data by logging in your phone backup account and requesting online.
- Prepaid users will be charged Rs.5+tax/week (Postpaid: Rs.20+tax/month)
- Each SMS to shortcode 3838 will be charged @ Rs.0.01(1 Paisa)+Tax/SMS
Upon subscription, if the service is not utilized or paid for within 30 days, the account will automatically be suspended. The SMS Backup will, thereafter, be kept in the database for 15 days within which period, if the service is not resumed, the said backup will be removed from the database. Users shall be solely responsible for maintaining the security of their password and account information.