PTCL is going to offer free WiFi modem withevery new DSL connection, except those who are going to buy 256Kbps and 1Mbps Student packages.
If you are an existing user without WiFi, then you will have to pay Rs. 750 to upgrade your modem to get WiFi modem – however, your current DSL charges will remain same.
Earlier WiFi Modem/routers were given to customers at a fixed but recurring monthly rental, which is now waived off against one time charge of Rs. 750.
Along with, PTCL increased the tariff for new 1 Mbps package from Rs. 1,199 per month to Rs. 1,250 per month. Old customers will keep paying the old rates, i.e. Rs. 1,199 per month.
Check below terms for more details:
- Rs. 1,250 per month
- Provisioning of free Wi-Fi modem
In addition to increase in 1Mbps package charges for new customers only, following changes will be applicable from March 5, 2012 as part of free Wi-Fi policy.
- Existing 1Mbps customers will continue to pay Rs. 1,199 per month
- Wi-Fi modems will be provided to new customers of all packages excluding 256Kbps and 1Mbps Student package, and there will be no monthly recurring charges.
- All existing subscribers irrespective of their packages will be charged Rs. 750 as modem up-gradation charges, and their package charges will remain as per policy
- Existing Wi-Fi customers will continue to pay as per existing policy
- Bundled packages (Double Up and Double Impact etc.) and triple-play services will be provided free of cost Wi-Fi modem upon installation and there will be no monthly recurring charges
Following are monthly broadband tariff for PTCL DSL customers:
- 1Mbps at Rs 1,250
- 2Mbps at Rs 1,499
- 4Mbps at Rs 1,999
- 6Mbps at Rs 4,999
- 8Mbps at Rs 6,999
- 10Mbps at Rs 9,999
Rs. 5,000 per month will be charged for greater than 300 GBs downloads. This is applicable on 1 Mbps to 8 Mbps DSL Connections.
PTCL claims to have acquired 95 percent of the DSL market share with increase of 17 percent subscribers’ base in the first half of the current financial year 2011-12. PTCL says that it is offering DSL services in over 1,000 town/cities across Pakistan.
On a side note, PTCL is hard trying to push its DSL sales. For the purpose, company is offering an incentive of Rs. 300 to be given to any employee who refers a DSL broadband order, after successful deployment of the connection and payment of the first bill.