Sony Xperia ZR Dust and Waterproof Smartphone By Sony
Sony announced the the scaled down version (in terms of size) of its Xperia Z smartphone, the Xperia ZR.
Sony Xperia ZR sports a quad-core 1.5 GHz processor to seamlessly support all your mobile computing needs. The main highlight is its water resistant capability – inherited from Xperia Z – and in fact Sony is advertising that phone is capable of shooting underwater videos and pictures.
Sony – as it is known for – boosts a clear HD reality display with Bravia Engine 2 for its Xperia ZR. Screen size is stripped down to 4.6 inch.
Other features include 13.1 MP rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash. A front facing camera for video calling is also available.
Xperia ZR features 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory with microSD card slot and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Here are other specs for Sony Xperia ZR
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8064
- OS: Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dimensions: 5.16 x 2.65 x 0.41 in
- Weight: 140 g
- IP58 certified – dust and water proof
- TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.55 inches (~323 ppi pixel density)
- Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- microSD, up to 32 GB
- Internal: 8 GB, 2 GB RAM
- 13.1 MP, 4128×3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, image stabilization, HDR, sweep panorama
- Front Facing usual camera
- GPRS: Up to 107 kbps
- EDGE: Up to 296 kbps
- HSDPA, HSUPA
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP
- USB: microUSB v2.0 (MHL)
Availability and Pricing:
Sony said that Xperia ZR will start shipping – around the world – in Q2 2013. It didn’t say any word on pricing but we anticipate it to be priced around 70,000 at the launch.