Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Smaller, Dustproof, Waterproof Phone with 21MP Camara
A bit late at following this trend, Sony has finally launched the minuscule version of its Z1 flagship, the Z1 Compact.
As you would expect from a “genuine” smaller flagship model, the Z1 Compact has a lot in common with its older sibling. Specs start with a 4.3″ 720p HD Triluminous display with 341 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It also boasts an IP58 rating from its maker, which means it is dust-resistant and can take a dive in water (up to 1m) and remain there for 30 minutes.
Hardware is packing a punch as well. You get a quad-core Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 processor clocked at 2.2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU and 16 GB worth expandable storage. Towards the back, the same 20.7 megapixel camera with Flash can be found, which is also capable of doing 1080p Full HD videos.
A 2 mp HD camera can be found on the front. Connectivity options include NFC, USB-OTG, microUSB 2.0, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and 4G LTE. A 2300 mAh battery powers the device up. The phone runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Here are the full specs of the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact:
- Customized Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 4.3″ Triluminous display with HD resolution, 341ppi
- 9.4mm thick
- Weight: 137g
- 2.2Ghz quad-core Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB RAM with 16 GB expandable storage
- 20.7 megapixel with Full HD 1080p video recording
- 2 mp HD front-facing camera
- NFC, USB-OTG, microUSB 2.0, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE
- 2300 mAh battery
The phone will be available next month but pricing details aren’t given yet.