Samsung Announces the Galaxy Note 8.0
Samsung has finally released the Note 8.0 at the Mobile World Congress, which was constantly being leaked for several months. As clear by the name, the tablet has an 8 inch display. The design is quite similar to the one found on Note II and Galaxy S III.
Here are the full specs:
- 8 inch display with resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Thickness: 8mm
- Weight: 338g
- S-Pen support
- 1.6 Ghz quad-core Cortex A9 processor with Exynos 4412 chipset
- 2GB RAM with 16/32GB expandable storage
- Mali-400MP GPU
- 5mp rear-facing camera with 1080p Full HD video recording
- 1.3m front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0, Wifi Hotspot, GPS, Infrared
- Available in Black and White versions
- 4600mAh battery
As the tablet is a member of Samsung’s ‘Note’ line-up, it also comes with S-Pen support. It will be available Wifi, 3G and 4G LTE versions in Q2 this year but the prices haven’t been announced yet.
Although this tablet is meant to be an iPad mini & Nexus 7 competitor, the bitter truth is that it doesn’t look nearly as good as anyone of them. We shouldn’t forget though that this is design, and you can’t expect Samsung to scrap the entire product and start from scratch again.