Samsung Announces Note 3 Neo the Cheaper Version of the Note 3
Samsung has announced a new version of its Note 3 smartphone, in the Note 3 Neo with stripped down specs and of course the price.
The display of the phone is trimmed by 0.2 inches to a 5.5″ Super AMOLED unit. The big bummer is the resolution, which is bumped down from 1080p to 720p HD. The design is inspired from the Note, however, with a leathery back.
Beneath, you will find a quad-core 1.6Ghz Cortex A7 processor. The special “LTE+” version will get a hexa-core processor though, consisting of a 1.7Ghz dual-core Cortex-A15 and a 1.3Ghz quad-core Cortex A7 processor. There will also be 2 GB worth RAM and 16 gigs of expandable storage.
Towards the back will be an 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video, down from the 13mp/4K combo of the Note 3. A 2 mp camera completes the mix. Battery capacity is set at 3,100 mAh.
Being a Note, the most important aspect of the phone is the S-Pen itself which, thankfully, isn’t forgotten.
Here are the specs of the phone:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean customized with TouchWiz UI
- 5.5″ Super AMOLED display with HD resolution
- 8.6mm thick
- Weight: 162.5g
- S-Pen functionality
- 1.6Ghz quad-core Cortex A7 processor
- 2 GB RAM with 16 GB expandable storage
- 8 megapixel rear-camera with 1080p Full HD video
- 2 mp front-facing camera
- NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, microUSB 2.0, USB-OTG, IR Blaster, Bluetooth 4.0
- 3,100 mAh removable battery
The phone will be available in the coming few months. Pricing details are still undisclosed though.