Mobilink Announces its 3G Packages
Mobilink has finally marked the commercial launch of its 3G service, as customers are being charged for the 3G service from today.
With this, Mobilink also announced its 3G packages that come with various bundles and options for the users to experience 3G services.
Unlike other operators, Mobilink users will have to activate their 3G services. According to Mobilink, customers will have to dial *443# and select the “3G activation” option. Alternatively, send SUB to 7003 for 3G activation. Mobilink said that this activation is free.
Mobilink 3G Packages
Mobilink is offering 3 day, weekly and monthly 3G bundles for its customers. 4GB is maximum limit for the monthly bundle and is priced at Rs. 600 per month.
Interestingly, Mobilink’s 3G packages aren’t auto renewable. Meaning that customers will have to renew their data bundles every time to continue using the 3G bundles. Imagine the hassle involved in such an activation process, especially for those who will opt for daily 3G packages.
We aren’t sure if this – manual renewal process – is going to remain the same for ever or Mobilink may come up with better solutions for customers in future.
Check below all the bundles offered by Mobilink:
** To check remaining MB’s and validity – no charges apply
Terms and conditions:
- 3G bundles can be subscribed and consumed in both 2G and 3G networks.
- 3G bundles can be consumed at 3G speed within 3G network and at best possible speed within 2G network.
- Tax is not applicable on Mobile Internet Usage and subscription charges.
- Offered 3G data bundles will not auto-subscribe. Bundles need to be subscribed again upon expiry.
- Base rate is a default rate. This means that if you are not subscribed to any bundle, you will be charged according to base rate i.e. PKR 18/ MB at 2G speed even if subscriber is connected to a 3G network. Charging pulse will be 64 KB.
- Video call will be activated by default along with 3G services.
- The billing pulse for Video Calling is 30 seconds.
- Currently just only on-net Video Calling is available.
- Video Calling is only possible in 3G network and will require a handset capable of making a video call.
Mobilink hasn’t announced it 3G packages yet. Or at least we couldn’t find them on Mobilink’s website.
I am wondering how Mobilink postpaid customers are going to use 3G, since services are being charged and 3G bundles aren’t announced yet for postpaid subscribers.
Do share your thoughts on the 3G packages and the launch in below comments.