LG Unveils the G Pro 2 Larger 5.9″ display, Spacification
LG has announced the successor to the aging G Pro in the new G Pro 2. The phone comes with a larger 5.9″ display, a Snapdragon 800 processor and a 4K-shooting camera.
The display comes with Full HD resolution and is 0.4″larger than its previous iteration.
The phone itself is quite an attractive-looking package with thin 0.33cm thin bezels and a screen-to-frame ratio of 77.2 percent.
Under the hood, you get a Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.26Ghz, along with 3 GB worth RAM and either 16 or 32 GB internal memory, expandable via microSD.
At the back is a13 megapixel camera with OIS+, LED Flash and 4K video recording. You can also capture Full HD or slow-motion videos. A 2.1 megapixel camera can be found at the front.
The phone runs Android 4.4 KitKat which is customized by LG and comes with a few software tricks of its own. The most interesting of the lot is knock code, which allows the user to unlock the display by drawing any one of the 86,000 or so unlocking patterns or so on the display.
Here are the full specifications of the phone:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
- GPU: Qualcomm Technologies’ Adreno™ 330
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080), Slim Bezel
- Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM / 16GB/32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP OIS+ / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,200mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Size: 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / HSPA+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0) / USB / WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) / NFC / SlimPort
- Colors: Titan, White, Red
- Other: Knock Code™, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock
More details of the phone, including pricing and availability will be disclosed at the MWC event in Barcelona later this month.