Huawei MediaPad M2 All Metal 8 Inch Tablet Specifications
The successor of last year’s affordable Huawei M1 tablet is finally here in the new Huawei M2. The tablet comes in an 8” variant and will come in both Wi-Fi and LTE offerings.
The display is an upgrade over last year, and now boasts a 1080p Full HD resolution. The design of the tablet is entirely metal-based, with the body said to comprise of 99.5% metal. It also has a thin 7.8 mm waistline and slim bezels.
Under the hood, you get an octa-core Kirin 930 processor with two 4 + 4 Cortex-A53 cores, clocked at 2 and 1 Ghz respectively. At the back is an 8 megapixel camera, along with a 5 megapixel selfie-shooter at the front.
The tablet also comes with respectable audio technology, thanks to dual 1W speakers and Harman Kardon’s Clari-Fi technology. The OS running is Android 5.0 Lollipop, customized with Huawei EMUI 3.0. A 4,800 mAh battery will be powering up the tablet.
The tablet will be put on sale in a couple of days. It will start at $256 for the starting 16 GB, Wi-Fi only version, going up all the way to $367 for the top-specced 64 GB LTE model.
Huawei M2 Specifications:
- CPU: 2 Ghz quad-core + 1 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Kirin 930
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Huawei EMUI 3.0
- Supported Networks: optional LTE connectivity
- Design: metallic body
- 7.8 mm thick
- Display: 8” with Full HD 1080p resolution
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 16/64 GB
- Card slot: yes, expandable by up to 128 GB
- Primary: 8 megapixel
- Secondary: 5 megapixel
- Speakers: Dual 1W with Harman Kardon Clari-Fi technology
- Battery: 4,800 mAh
- Price: Starts at $256 for the 16 GB, Wi-Fi variant