Huawei G7 Plus Upper Midrange Phone
Huawei’s upper midrange G line now has another metal clad member in its ranks – the Huawei G7 Plus. The new phone is the successor to last year’s Ascend G7 and looks more like the recently revealed G8. Even though the phone is a midranger, it makes no compromises in its build quality or internal hardware.
The G7 Plus offers upgraded display and processor compared to last year’s Ascend G7. The front of the phone features a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display. The back of the phablet showcases a premium metal build. Huawei boasts that 90 percent of the phone’s exterior is made out of metal. The tiny bit of plastic used hides different types of antennas placed at the top and bottom of the phone.
The phablet’s internals sport a Snapdragon 615 coupled with 3 gigs of RAM. The internal storage stands at 32GB which is also expandable using a micro SD card. The back of the features a 13MP OIS camera accompanied by dual-LED flash and a fingerprint sensor. There is a 5MP front camera as well. G7 Plus supports dual-sims with 4G LTE support. Huawei’s new midranger runs on Huawei’s own Android 5.1 based EMUI 3.1 skin. All of this is powered by a 3,000mAh battery.
You wouldn’t be wrong if you misjudged it to be Huawei G8 as the smartphone not only has the same internals but exactly the same dimensions. Both phones weigh exactly the same as well.
Huawei G7 Plus Specifications:
- CPU: 64-bit Octa-core 1.7 GHz Cortex A53
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G Dual-sim
- Dimensions: 152 x 76.5 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 167 grams
- Display: 5.5” with 1080p resolution (401 ppi)
- Gorilla glass 4 with anti-fingerprint coating
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal: 32GB
- Card slot: expandable by 128 GB via microSD
- Primary: 13MP with 1080p video, OIS, HDR and Dual LED Flash
- Secondary: 5MP
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS, Wi-Fi, FM Radio, Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Colours: Grey, Silver, Gold
- Price: $330
The phone is slated to receive Android Marshmallow 6.0 in February 2016 along with the G8. Huawei G7 Plus will be sold with a lesser price tag of $330 and come in premium colors like Grey, Silver and Gold. Expect the phone to become available in Pakistan in the coming months as well.