Blackberry Z10 with New OS Blackberry 10 Announced
Z10 – the flagship smartphone from Blackberry – is a high-end device to run on Blackberry 10.
Available in Black and White colours, the Z10 is a compact and solid built smartphone. Running on a 1.5 Ghz dual core processor – backed with 2GB RAM – the Z10 boosts a 4.2″ LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 768 x 1280 pixels, which puts it in HD category.
There is a 8MP camera on the rear supported by enhanced native app with filters and stabilization. Font facing 2MB camera can be used for MMB videos.
Early testers said that battery life for Z10 is disappointing, which is a shame.
Here are other specs for Blackberry Z10:
- OS: BlackBerry 10 OS
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
- CPU: Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- GPU: Adreno 225
- Dimensions: 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm
- Weight: 135 g
- Type: Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 768 x 1280 pixels, 4.2 inches (~355 ppi pixel density)
- Card slot: microSD, up to 32 GB
- Internal: 16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, NFC, USB
- Primary: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 2 MP, 720p@30fps
- Battery: Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery
Blackberry said that Z10 will start shipping tomorrow but will hit various markets in phases. About pricing the company said that it may depend on the operator that customers are contracting with.
The Z10 is said to hit UAE on February 10 and will be available for an unsubsidized price of AED2,599 or Rs. 70,000.